|How to Search by using the VaZyMolO Browser|
The VaZymolo Browser interface allows you to seek for specific information in our database by using keywords. This search engine has some specificities that will provide you with efficient search result :
Use Keywords combination
The search module allows keywords combinations by using semantic characters:
- & that means AND
/ that means OR
- A search for "non & structural" will retrieve all the entries having the words "non" AND "structural", including the different syntaxes (i.e:"nonstructural", "non structural", "non-structural"). for more specificity, select the category "Name" from the drop down menu to get a result specific of the protein name.
- A search for "ORF1A / ORF1AB" will list both polyproteins.
- The two semantic characters (& and /) can be used in combination. In that case / will be treated prior to &. For example a search for "NSP4 / precursor & Potivirus" will return in one hand all the entries matching for "NSP4", and on the other hand all the entries having Potivirus AND precursor in their description.
The search engine can also retreive a part of the proteic sequence.
You can combine keywords from different columns as no special column category was selected for the search.
Use the search within a category
For more specificity in search result it is possible to search on a specific column of the table, by selecting the exact category from the drop down menu on the right of the search module e.g:
- a search for Encephalitis without having selected a column category from the drop down menu will include some Alphaviruses and Flaviviruses in the result because the search list all the entries that contain the key word .
- if you are looking for viruses from the flavivirus encephalitis virus group only, a search with Encephalitis as key word but in the category "Group" (selected from the drop down menu), will return a more specific result list.
An empty search will always return the original complete table of results.
Sort by columns
The returned results can be sorted by using the small arrows on each side of the columns titles.
How many hits for my search?
If you want to know the number of results returned by your search, just have a look below the search module, it is clearly indicated.
How to search without having the exact spelling of the word ?
If you don't know the keyword spelling (e.g:a virus with a complex name) just enter the well known part in the search module.
Access to the details of a protein
Simply click on the Id or the Name of the Protein to access the modular information of the current entry.Then click on a module to get further details about it.